Carson Roche Phone: (867) 669-8385 Email: [email protected]
ABOUT ARCHERY NT
2019 MEMBERSHIP (JANUARY – JUNE)
- 56 Individual Registrants
- 0 Family Registrants
- 1 Club
- 56 People Total
ACCOMPLISHMENTS/HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2018-2019
- Team Northwest Territories sent its first ever team to the Canada Winter Games. Some of the players shot their personal best scores at the event.
- Team NT attended their first ever Archery Canada sanctioned event in Red Deer, AB – December 8th – 9th, 2018
- Archery NT became a known Territorial Sport Organization with 56 active members.
- A Working Group Committee had been formed. “Part of the Working Group Committee’s mandate is to work towards exponential growth within Archery NT. The WGC will consist of skilled and knowledgeable individuals in the sport of archery. The WGC will provide advice, feedback and ideas on the structure and growth of Archery NT”
- Hosted the 3rd annual NWT 3-D Archery Championships. Doubled the participants from 2018.
- In the process of creating a fully functional website
- Created a logo for Archery NT
- Hosted two Introduction to Beginners Archer’s courses which included 15 people in total.
ANTICIPATED CHALLENGES IN 2019-2020
- Increase our membership numbers by double.
- Allocate funds to create an equipment funding application for those in need of archery equipment.
- Increase our number of Clubs in the territory from 1 to 4.
- Supporting Team NT at the upcoming 2020 Arctic Winter Games in Whitehorse, YK.
- Creating a fully sanctioned Archery Canada event in the NT.
- Increase the number of certified NCCP coaches. Currently have zero.
- Archery NT still does not have a venue to shoot at. We are looking to partner up with certain organizations (ie. Ski Club/Biathlon Club, City of Yellowknife) in order to invite members, have weekly shoots, store our gear, etc.
- Increase # of staff to join Archery NT. As of now, only 1 person is allocated to the views of Archery NT.